Search This Blog

Friday 24 February 2012

CONSUMER PROTECTION IN BAHRAIN

@GUESS



I will be using this blog to highlight my experiences in Bahrain as a consumer. I will also examine Bahrain consumer protection law and will provide my views as to how this can be utilised to ensure consumers rights are protected. I will introduce the blog with my first case.

Guess Bahrain (Seef Mall)

My wife bought a bag for over US$100, so you would expect this to be a nice and durable bag. Wrong. The bag was defective. When we took the bag back for refund or exchange we were first told that we would have to wait to speak to the manager. Fine. We asked where is the manager and what is he/she doing. The reply was astonishing. The "manager is asleep" we were told. This was 3.15pm in the afternoon. We thought this was a light hearted joke, it wasn't.  We didn't wait. The manager called later in the day and said it was her company's policy not to refund and only to offer vouchers, even where the item you bought is defective. The attitude was "tough" you made the mistake of buying from Guess in Bahrain and that Guess internationally do not guarantee their products. By the way, I am pretty sure that Guess do stand by the quality of their products and guarantee that they are fit for purpose - I'll follow up on this with Guess international.  I called Guess in Seef Mall and explained that their attitude and response was not good enough and unless we received a refund I would do an expose on their customer service. Again, the manager wasn't available and the sales assistant I spoke to said he would pass my message on. Unsurprisingly, I have heard nothing so far.  

I have also posted a message on the Guess Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GUESS and Twitter account @GUESS - Guess immediately contacted me, took my details and informed me that someone would contact me about my complaint. I am now waiting to be contacted. I will update this blog with developments.

If you have or have had a problem with Guess in Bahrain let me know so I can follow up for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment