Search This Blog

Saturday 3 March 2012

Update on complaint regarding faulty iPad/iPhone docking station bought from @sharafdg

Time is passing and still no satisfactory outcome




It is now over a week since I contacted @SharafDG about a defective iPad/iPhone docking station (iA100).  At first I was unable to locate my receipt and this hindered the help @SharafDG could provide as their after sales customer services is based on presenting a receipt. That said, @SharafDG customer service in Bahrain very helpfully located my purchase. The issue now is I am waiting for @SharafDG to offer a solution. Will they provide a free repair, a replacement or a refund? There was a bit of confusion as to whether I benefit from a 1 year warranty as I made my purchase on 26th February 2011 BUT I made this latest complaint on the 25th February 2012 so I would have thought that this is within the 1 year warranty period? Not to mention of course that I made a complaint several weeks ago but didn't follow up on it at that time as I was told nothing could be done without a receipt.

What is frustrating is the time waiting for a solution as to me this is straightforward, either repair (for free), replace or refund. Indeed, I think that those retailers who offer a "no quibble" and quick solution will ultimately do better as it will instil customer confidence.  

Here is my latest exchange with @SharafDG via Facebook

  • Sharaf DG Online Hello Paul Mercer, we believe that you have been contacted by our Bahrain store regarding your sales invoice. Hope it helps solving the issue.
    29 minutes ago · 
  • Paul Mercer Thank-you for your reply. Yes, your Bahrain store is in contact with me. They helped locate my purchase in their system and now I am waiting for a solution. Whilst you and your customer service staff in Bahrain are very responsive, polite and courteous (and I appreciate that) I would like to resolve this. I understand that your Bahrain store will contact me either Monday or Tuesday. I would have thought that this would be easier to resolve.
    2 seconds ago · 


On the positive side, @SharafDG have been responsive to my tweets and messages on Facebook and the customer service department in Bahrain has been polite, courteous and helpful throughout. All that remains is for me to receive either a free repair, refund or replacement so we can have a happy ending to this case.



No comments:

Post a Comment