Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Update on my complaint with @SharafDG and a faulty Ipad/Iphone docking station

Do manufacturers warranties apply to purchases in Bahrain?

In my pursuit of seeking a solution for my malfunctioning Ipad/Iphone docking station (iA100) I have had a very good response from Sharaf DG which, at all times, has been courteous and polite.

  We regret the inconvenience and have forwarded your complaint to the concerned department. We will get back ASAP.


That said, we still don't have a resolution as it seems Sharaf DG are unable to make a decision as to how to help me without a receipt. A Sharaf DG employee searched their records but could not find details of my purchase and I will also look at my records to see if I can find evidence of my purchase. Therefore I am still stuck and the concern is that losing your receipt means losing your rights. Is that fair?

I also contacted the manufacturer @iHome to see if they could help. Here is their response:


I'm sorry but the manufacturers warranty only applies in the US.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Mercer [mailto:pamercer@hotmail.com] 
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:08 AM
To: Daniel Cohen
Subject: Customer Service inquiry about iA100 via iHomeaudio.com

Department: Customer service
Product: iA100
Country: Other locations
Name: Paul Mercer
Email: pamercer@hotmail.com

My iA100 no longer works and the store I bought it from in Bahrain (D G Sharaf) cannot/wont help me as I lost my receipt. Can you help? I emailed you before but no reply. Here's is my blog where I explain my complaint in more detail

http://pamercer.blogspot.com/2012/02/dg-sharaf-city-centre-mall-bahrain.html


So my hopes are only with @SharafDG. But interesting to note that some manufacturer warranties do not apply for purchases in Bahrain. This is certainly something consumers should be aware of.


No comments:

Post a Comment